How to Make Clay Necklaces
Make one-or a dozen-with this easy and fun DIY project
Acrylic craft paint
Instructions1. Use a rolling pin to roll the clay until it's flat.
2. Punch out the clay necklace pendants with cookie cutters.
3. Use stamps to create designs, words, textures, and more on the pendants. Get creative with the patterns-try stamps, a toy wheel...anything!
4. Use the drinking straw to punch out holes in each pendant.
5. Let dry and harden overnight.
6. Paint pendants and allow them to dry for at least 30 minutes.
7. Thread string through each pendant hole to finish.
8. Show off your creation!
Amanda Kingloff is the author of Project Kid and Project Kid: Crafts That Go! She posts fresh craft ideas weekly at Project Kid and regularly contributes to national magazines. This craft is not for use by children under three years of age.