Tips to Promote Imaginative Play
1. Provide a collection of dress-up props for role-play.
2. Look at the clouds and take turns imagining what they resemble.
3. Plant seeds for imaginative thinking by reading lots of books together.
4. Provide toys that encourage creativity and imagination.
5. Make up stories with your child, building on each other’s additions.
6. Arrange play dates with others to foster social and imaginative play.
7. Listen to music with your child and act out how it sounds (sleepy, happy).
8. Take turns “being” things that begin with each letter of the alphabet.
9. Sometimes be your child’s play partner, sometimes just observe.
10. Use your own imagination and awaken your own inner child.