Your child will have as much fun creating his own puzzle as he has putting one together. Make sure you choose a picture that’s interesting to him.
Rate this craft
Move your cursor over the stars to select rating
- Interesting photo of a family member, favorite animal, cartoon character, and so on
- Poster board
- Spray adhesive
- Black felt-tip pen
- Child’s blunt-tip safety scissors
- Small box
- Find an interesting picture.
- Spray adhesive over the surface of the poster board.
- Press the picture onto the sprayed surface and allow it to dry.
- Use a black felt-tip pen to draw large, simple puzzle lines on the picture.
- Cut out the picture along these lines to form puzzle pieces.
- Place the pieces in a small box.
- Sit at the table with your child and present him with the box.
- Have him open the box, dump out the pieces, and put the puzzle together.
- If he needs help, give him clues so he can put the puzzle together himself.
- When the picture is complete, ask him to talk about what he sees.
Fine motor development
Let him help you make the puzzle from the beginning, then have him put it together.