By Hostess with the Mostess
Scalloped felt table runners and trims add such a sweet touch to party tables, high chairs, treat stations, and more! Added bonus: they’re inexpensive and super easy to make.
- Red Felt (2 Yards in Length for Table Runners)
- Black Marker
- Printable Templates: Available in Large Scallops and Small Scallops
1. Print and cut out your template. (The large scalloped template is shown in the example below. You’ll need to print 2 copies of the template and tape them together to create a double-sided template.)
2. Use the template as a guide to trace a scalloped edge onto the felt.
3. Move and trace template all the way to the end of your runner or decorative trim. (Repeat on the opposite side of the felt if you are creating a table runner. Only 1 scalloped edge is needed for decorative trim.)
4. Cut the felt along your traced lines - and you’re done!
Here’s a peek at a finished table runner created from the large scalloped template, and a decorated kids chair using the small scalloped template:
Check out more ideas for utilizing scallops below - from creating a smaller table runner for the guest of honor to “dressing up” everyday furniture in party attire!
Royal Birthday Bash Guides, Tips and DIY Projects
DIY Tutorial: Birthday Ball Garland >
Corn Popper Inspired: Cake Popper >
DIY Tutorial: 1st Birthday Cake Sign >
DIY Tutorial: Birthday Castle >
Party Food: Royal Crown Sandwiches >
DIY Tutorial: Personalized Party Plates >
DIY Tutorial: Scalloped Felt Party Decor >
Royal Birthday : Sparkly Utensils >