By Hostess with the Mostess
In lieu of a traditional goody bag, make playful and inexpensive “Royal Scepters” for the children to enjoy at the party AND take home as a party favor. This cute & crafty project features Baby’s First Blocks™ by Fisher-Price® as the scepter tops, and the toy container doubles as a creative display holder for the finished favors!
- Fisher-Price® Baby’s First Blocks™
- 12” Wooden Craft Dowels
- Foam Beads
- Decorative Straws
- Gold Glitter Tape
- Hot Glue Gun
1. Slide 5 foam beads onto a wooden dowel, varying the colors and shapes.
2. Make sure the foam beads are flush with the top of the dowel to create a nice, flat base for the toy block at the top.
3. Slide a decorative straw onto the wooden dowel.
4 - 5. Wrap a strip of gold glitter tape above and below the straw to secure it to the dowel and add a touch of royal sparkle!
6. Hot glue a toy block to the top of the scepter. Be generous with the glue, and press and hold firmly until the glue is completely dry.
And you’re done… now it’s time for the little ones to have some fun!
Royal Birthday Bash Guides, Tips and DIY Projects
DIY Tutorial: Birthday Ball Garland >
Corn Popper Inspired: Cake Popper >
DIY Tutorial: 1st Birthday Cake Sign >
DIY Tutorial: Birthday Castle >
Party Food: Royal Crown Sandwiches >
DIY Tutorial: Personalized Party Plates >
DIY Tutorial: Scalloped Felt Party Decor >
Royal Birthday : Sparkly Utensils >