By Hostess with the Mostess
Add a thoughtful touch to table place settings, buffets, and more with personalized plates! You can use patterned paper to create plates that perfectly match the party, or take things a step further by layering on your favorite photos as well. This surprisingly simple project makes a big impact at any event and is one of my very favorite party tricks!
- Clear Plastic Plates
- Spray Adhesive
- Patterned Paper
- Paper Cutter
- Optional: Photos (Photo Copies or Print-outs are Fine)
1. Gather your materials and set up an outdoor workspace. Spread out a large plastic trash bag on the ground next to your workspace to act as your “spray” area. (You can also use a large cardboard box.)
2. Cut patterned paper to size for the bottom of your plates. My papers measured a little under 6” square here.
3. Spray the top of a paper square with a light, even layer of adhesive, then set it on top of your workspace. Center and place a plastic plate directly over the top of the square, and press firmly to secure.
4. And you’re done! You’ve got a pretty, unique plate that perfectly coordinates with the rest of your party decor. Repeat the process to make as many plates as you’d like.
Instructions for Photo Plates:
To create personalized photo plates, use the exact same steps as above, except layer a smaller photo on top of your patterned paper square, as shown here. Use as many different photos as you like to create a truly unique, personalized table filled with your favorite memories of baby’s first year!
Royal Birthday Bash Guides, Tips and DIY Projects
DIY Tutorial: Birthday Ball Garland >
Corn Popper Inspired: Cake Popper >
DIY Tutorial: 1st Birthday Cake Sign >
DIY Tutorial: Birthday Castle >
Party Food: Royal Crown Sandwiches >
DIY Tutorial: Personalized Party Plates >
DIY Tutorial: Scalloped Felt Party Decor >
Royal Birthday : Sparkly Utensils >