By Hostess with the Mostess
As far as high-impact projects go, this is one of my new faves! Blank artist canvases can easily be transformed into very polished-looking barn doors with a little help from washi tape (or painter’s tape) and a can of red spray paint. You can vary the size of the doors based on your own party needs. For this party we used 9x12” doors to embellish our dessert table Barn Backdrop and 11x14” doors as drink station decor.
- 2 Artist Canvases (of Equal Size)
- Painter’s Tape or Washi Tape
- Red Spray Paint
- Large Trash Bag or Tarp for Spray Painting Area
1. Tape off all 4 sides of the canvas, plus a giant “X” on the front.
2. Spray the taped off canvases with red spray paint and let dry. You may need 2-3 coats for best results. Make sure to let the paint dry between coats.
3. Once completely dry, carefully peel off the tape — and voila! You’ve got fantastic “barn doors” that can be used in conjunction with a Birthday Barn Backdrop (click here for the detailed DIY tutorial) or all on their own!