By Hostess with the Mostess
Using unexpected elements in creative ways is a favorite circus trick! In this particular project, a basic white lampshade is instantly transformed into a colorful “Circus Pedestal” with just a few easy (and inexpensive) steps. Use these “lampshade pedestals” as clever risers for circus inspired centerpieces or trays filled with circus themed treats. Added bonus - you can easily tailor this project to any party palette with your fabric colors of choice!
- White Lampshade
- Colored Fabric
- Spray Adhesive
- Triangle Bunting Template
1. Measure and cut out triangles of the same size in each of your colored fabrics. You can just freehand cut the triangles, or use our handy printable triangle template to help with consistency.
2. Cover each fabric triangle with a light coat of spray adhesive on the back, then apply it to the top of the lampshade as shown below.
3. Repeat this process with different colors of triangles until they go all the way around the lampshade.
4. Allow the triangles to dry for a few minutes, then top with a flat tray filled with treats or circus-inspired party decor!