By Hostess with the Mostess
Make your baby’s age the star of the party with an oversize foam core “1” decked out with circus-inspired accents. This fun project makes a great backdrop element for your dessert table or a fantastic decoration for the front door, and our handy printable templates will make it easy for you to recreate this look at home! (Optional tip: For a shiny, toy-inspired look to your sign, try cutting the decorative red and blue accents out of shiny colored duct tape instead of paper.)
- Printable 1 Template and Decorative Accents
- X-Acto knife
- Cutting Mat
- Foam Core
- Yellow Spray Paint
- Glue Stick
1. Print and cut out the “1” outline and its decorative accents. Tape the 2 pieces of the “1” together to form one large number. This will serve as your tracing template for the foam core.
2. Trace the “1” shape onto the foam core, then use your X-Acto knife to cut it out. It may take a couple passes to cut all the way through the foam core. Make sure to use your cutting mat!
3. After the foam core “1” is cut out, spray paint it yellow and let dry completely.
4. Cut out and glue the decorative pieces onto the “1”, as shown below. Done!