By Hostess with the Mostess
Nothing brings a party to life like a banner… or three! Make your own farm-friendly birthday party banners with a mix of printed burlap and colorful felt for a festive look that combines rustic flair with childlike whimsy.
- Burlap (we used a printed version)
- Felt in 3 Colors: Red, Yellow, and White
- Hot Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
1. Cut triangles out of the burlap and 3 colors of felt (about 5.5” long). Your triangles don’t have to be perfect and it’s okay if the size slightly varies — variations actually add to the crafty “farm” look! To save time, you can fold your fabric to cut multiple triangles at a time.
2. Lay your triangle pieces face down on a large flat surface in the order that you’d like them to hang. It’s helpful to space them out evenly at this time and adjust the length of garland as desired.
3. Working with one face-down triangle at a time, add a thin line of hot glue near the top of the triangle and run the twine along your glue line. Be careful not to press down directly on the glue itself (it’s hot!) — the string should adhere with just a little pressure.
4. Continue glueing the triangles until you’re happy with the length of the garland. Make sure to leave a generous amount of excess twine for hanging before cutting it from the spool.
5. Let the glue dry completely before you move your banner, which should only take a few minutes. Once it’s dry, the banner is ready to hang!