This unique caterpillar learning toy encourages kids to experiment as they play, helping them to develop coding, sequencing and critical thinking skills.
Code-a-Pillar features 9 easy-to-connect segments that preschoolers can arrange and rearrange to “tell” the toy how to move: forward, left, right, wiggle, dance or even wait for a couple seconds before moving again. Kids can configure the segments in such a way that the Code-a-Pillar can reach targets they set up throughout the room. There’s even a motorized head segment with lights, sounds and blinking eyes that brings Code-a-Pillar to life! Ready … set … code! When kids connect the segments—in tons of different ways—to make Code-a-Pillar move left, then right, then forward, or wherever-- that’s sequencing!
When they figure out a sequence that will create a path for Code-a-Pillar to reach a target, that’s programming (and problem solving, too)! It’s all coding—and it’s all fun! Code-a-Pillar is one of the new learning toys from Fisher-Price that goes beyond ABCs and 123s to help children learn how to think independently. Each toy fosters 21st century skills like curiosity, experimentation and problem-solving in ways kids haven’t seen before. They’re engaged in hands-on open-ended discovery that helps them become lifelong learners.
• 9 segments, endless combinations!
• Kids connect the segments to make Code-a-Pillar go forward, left, right or wherever they choose
• Each segment lights up as the action happens!
• Motorized head segment features lights, sounds and blinking eyes to bring Code-a-Pillar to life!
• Can you reach the target? Challenge kids to configure the segments so Code-a-Pillar can get to the targets
• Includes 9 easy-to-connect segments, motorized head segment, and 3 targets
• Helps develop skills like sequencing, critical thinking, reasoning, discovery, memory, problem-solving and experimentation
• Gives fine motor skills a good workout
• Kids discover that their actions make things happen (also known as cause & effect)!