Pluses of bottlefeeding:
- Dad can feed baby just as easily (so can grandparents, siblings, and caregivers).
- Mothers who don't nurse don't need nursing bras, breast pumps, or other special clothing.
- It's easy to bottlefeed baby just about anywhere.
- Mums who bottlefeed can diet, take medication, and drink or eat as they choose without worrying about effects on baby.
- With a bottle, it's easy to tell exactly how much baby is taking in.
- Bottlefeeding mothers bond just as closely with their babies as nursing mothers.
Our parenting advice is given as suggestions only. We recommend you also consult your healthcare provider, and urge you to contact them immediately if your question is urgent or about a medical condition.