Fisher-Price® has developed a partnership with experts from the Let’s Play! Projects, a federally funded program that supports family play experiences and activities for children with special needs.
These play stages include:
- The Experience Stage: Your child wonders, “What is it?”
- Your child uses his or her senses to explore the toy and its physical features and visual, auditory and tactile reactions.
- The Discovery Stage: Your child asks, “What does it do?”
- The toy guides your child to discover ways to use it and its pieces; for example, where to touch, turn or twist it, where to put things in or take them out.
- The Expanding Imagination Stage: Your child wants to find out, “What else can I do with it?”
- Your child uses imagination and creativity to determine even more ways to interact with the toy.