Top Of Page
- Large sheet of paper
- Pens or markers
- Paints and paintbrushes
- Sturdy cardboard or wood, and milk cartons or small boxes (optional)
- Paint and decorate milk cartons or small boxes and glue them onto the map to make buildings.
- Instead of a city map, draw a map of your yard, your house or your child's bedroom.
- On a very large sheet of paper, draw an imaginary city map big enough for your child’s toy cars and trucks..
- Include familiar places like the bank, grocery store, gas station, park, school, church, post office, and so on.
- Let him color and decorate the city.
- Tape the finished city map to the floor so your child can travel around the city with his cars, trucks, dolls, and fire engines.