Top Of Page
- Construction paper
- Child's blunt-tip safety scissors
- From the paper, cut rectangles 1/2 inch by 4 inches, rectangles 1/2 inch by 2 inches, circles with 4-inch diameters, and circles with 2-inch diameters.
- Cut some circles in half.
- Show your child how to arrange the shapes on paper to form letters.
- Help him trim some of the shapes (for example, to form the curved ascender in the letter f, or the curved descender in the letter j).
- Glue the shapes into place to form letters and words.