By Hostess with the Mostess
When it comes to first birthday party food, think simple flavors… garnished with fun! Use large crown shaped cookie cutters to make tot-sized “crown sandwiches”. To add detail to the sandwich, use a mini heart or diamond cookie cutter on the top layer of bread, enabling some of the colored sandwich filling to show through.
- Crown Shaped Cookie Cutters
- Mini Cookie Cutters for Detail (Diamond, Heart, Star, etc)
- Sliced Bread
- Sandwich Filling
1. Place crown cookie cutter on top of a slice of bread.
2. Press down firmly to cut a large crown shape from the bread. (Tip: The leftover bread can be used to make homemade croutons or bread pudding!)
3. Use small cookie cutters to cut shapes from the top layer of “crown” bread and add detail to the sandwich.
4. Add sandwich filling of choice. Opt for colorful, kid-friendly fillings like strawberry jam or cheddar cheese, which will allow a nice pop of color to show through the top!
Royal Birthday Bash Guides, Tips and DIY Projects
DIY Tutorial: Birthday Ball Garland >
Corn Popper Inspired: Cake Popper >
DIY Tutorial: 1st Birthday Cake Sign >
DIY Tutorial: Birthday Castle >
Party Food: Royal Crown Sandwiches >
DIY Tutorial: Personalized Party Plates >
DIY Tutorial: Scalloped Felt Party Decor >
Royal Birthday : Sparkly Utensils >