By Hostess with the Mostess
Add some fun to the dessert table with a treat display inspired by one of your child’s favorite toys! This easy & playful “Cake Popper” mimics the look of the popular Fisher-Price® Corn Popper® toy and offers a clever & unexpected way to serve up bite-sized treats. You’ll need a mix of about 16-20 cake balls & pops for the display, so make sure to have extra cake pops or cake balls on hand to serve separately if you’re having a large party.
- 12” Acrylic Cake Dome
- 12” Styrofoam Circle (Available at Craft/Baking Stores)
- 12” Plastic Cake Plate (Available at Craft/Baking Stores)
- Yellow Felt
- 16-20 Cake Balls & Cake Pops (in a Mix of Yellow, Red, Blue, Purple, and Green)
1. Stack the styrofoam circle on top of the plastic cake plate.
2. Cut a small circle of yellow felt and glue it to the center of the styrofoam circle.
3. Arrange the cake balls on the foam, and insert a few cake balls on sticks (or cake pops) to mimic the look of a Corn Popper® toy in action. Trim the cake pop sticks as necessary to fit well under your cake dome.
4. Place the acrylic cake dome on top of the cake ball/cake pop arrangement and display at the party until ready to serve!
Royal Birthday Bash Guides, Tips and DIY Projects
DIY Tutorial: Birthday Ball Garland >
Corn Popper Inspired: Cake Popper >
DIY Tutorial: 1st Birthday Cake Sign >
DIY Tutorial: Birthday Castle >
Party Food: Royal Crown Sandwiches >
DIY Tutorial: Personalized Party Plates >
DIY Tutorial: Scalloped Felt Party Decor >
Royal Birthday : Sparkly Utensils >