icon-arrow-down icon icon-arrow-fill-down icon icon-arrow-next icon icon-arrow-prev icon icon-tag-close icon
Managing IBS and pregnancy
By Craig L. Bissinger
Nicole Wixom
Dear Nicole,

You have a potential medical condition that requires the expertise of a gastroenterologist. Crohn's Disease is a much different entity than Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) and its management is also different. You need to visit with a specialist to determine the cause of your diarrhea. As for managing your diarrhea, the use of any anti-diarrhea medication is not a prudent idea unless prescribed by your physician.

Please see a gastroenterologist and let them guide you through this problem.