- Infant bath tub
- Baby shampoo and soap
- Several hooded towels
- Cotton swabs
- Baby wash cloths
- Infant-appropriate water toys
What should I have in the changing area?
- A changing surface (either a changing table, the top of a dresser that's at least waist-high, or just a changing pad that can be put down anywhere)
- Washable changing table covers
- A plastic changing mat to lay on top of the changing surface
- Plenty of clean diapers
- Disposable cleaning cloths. Avoid wipes that contain alcohol
- A soft cloth and warm water to use instead of wipes if baby has diaper rash (try filling a thermos each night to keep warm water easily accessible)
- Ointment or petroleum jelly, for treating diaper rash
- Cotton balls
- A washable diaper pail with a tightly-sealed cover (works well for storing either cloth or disposable diapers)
- A laundry bag or hamper with a lid.
Our parenting advice is given as suggestions only. We recommend you also consult your healthcare provider, and urge you to contact them immediately if your question is urgent or about a medical condition.