- Red marker or tempera paint and paintbrush
- White construction paper
- Small paper plate
- Old magazines
- Black plastic ants or black marker (optional)
- Draw or paint red horizontal and vertical lines on the paper to make a checked tablecloth design.
- Glue the paper plate onto the tablecloth.
- Help your child hunt through old magazines for pictures of food you’d like to eat at a holiday picnic.
- Cut out the pictures and glue them onto the plate.
- If you like, glue plastic ants (or draw them on with a marker) onto the tablecloth.