- Place the crib and changing table away from radiators, windows, and drafts. Make sure no cords from window blinds or drapes are within reach of baby. Don't use drapes that reach the floor, as baby may one day pull himself up, and the drapes (and hardware) down.
- Lay a good, padded rug under the crib and changing table to make any falls less dangerous.
- Store books, toys and supplies in shelves that have been affixed to the wall or otherwise made topple-proof. Or use a bin without a lid or with a safety lid for storage.
- Position all appliances so that there are no cords to trip over.
- Make sure any paint in the room is lead-free.
Our parenting advice is given as suggestions only. We recommend you also consult your healthcare provider, and urge you to contact them immediately if your question is urgent or about a medical condition.